Question

Monicka123

with my score being 565, would it be wise to file for bankruptcy
I am a single mom and I'm about to go through a divorce. I don't have any extra income to put aside for debt consolidation or payment arrangements, I would really like some advice because the way I see it at the moment is that I'm ****ed if I do and I'm ****ed if I don't file
I can't get anything right now if I wanted or needed to.

Want score to take nosedive??

Bankruptcy kills your credit score for the next 10 years!!!  In a divorce, it's best if the arrangements require someone to pay the bills.  You don't have to get stuck with the whole package because both of you had somethikng to do with the creation of the debts. Hope you're checking with an attorney to help with the settlements because there has to be child support and reasonable property settlements.  Don't try doing this whole thing on your own.  I did and am sorry about it.