Question

ramo777

with a 556 credit score would u advise to get a credit card to boost up the score

Yes most definitely! Good luck to you. I do have a secured card and been using about 30-36% which isn't good so haven't seen real change in my score but it also has only been about 3 months so that has an effect as well. Good luck again and hope it works out!

Omar

Welcome to the club

My score is in the same area as yours. From the advice I was given by my local credit union manager where I have a second savings account, acquiring a secured credit card might work best for people like us.

I have yet to hear from anyone with more knowledge than me, but secured credit cards, for the most part, report to the credit reporting agencies and carry little risk because your credit line is what you are required to deposit to the card, avoiding a problem of spending more than what you can afford.

I have been doing tons and tons of research over hte past few weeks on these types of cards it seems that capital one is one of the most flexible companies out there in terms of people like us with poo credit scores and a need to boost them. Carrying a balance that is 15-30% of your max credit line seems to be the rule of thumb.

Best of luck, we will both need it. Hopefully we both come out in good shape on the other side!!