Question

ernestf01

Wish a change to be made to credit card comparions. Think should be a bankrupcy filter option
Think on credit cards comparison page need a filter for lenders who automatically say no to prior bankruptcy's. Went on disability paid back most of who I could. But income went down to 1/3 of what it use to be had to file bankruptcy. Since then have taken score from about 608 to 707. Most of the lenders Credit Karma are recommending as good for my credit score is automatic no if you have any bankruptcy's. I'm trying real hard to rebuild my credit without making bum inquiries to lenders who Won't touch me. There applications don't say it but a lot its automatic turn down. I realize they pay to keep the lights on. But if they don't accept bankruptcy then separating them on a filter shouldn't be a issue. Tired of being told Good chance and bankruptcy automatic no.

Also like to add

takes 5 minutes for a application on a lender who bankruptcy are automatic no. But 2 years for it to fall off my credit report.

Not CK's recommendation!!!

Credit Karma is free to all users, but it does cost money to set ujp and maintain an internet site.  The sponsors of this site are the credit card companies who advertise here and their recommendations are made on the partial information from Transunion.  There are two other companies (Experian and Equifax) who come in to play here because the companies may use a FICO score to make their final decision on granting credit..

If everyone who signs up to use Credit Karma reads the articles and learns from them (which is the purpose of this site) they would know that, until a bankruptcy disappears from their credit report after the proper time, it is going to ruin their chances of getting new credit.

The best filter is for each individual to learn for themselves what it takes to build and maintain good credit, which is easily done by using all the tools on this site.  Good credit can only be built by those who act responsibly with their money.