Question

melwingnut11

Will using a credit counseling company and DMP(Debt Managment Program) appear on my credit report?
I was discussing with some friends that I have recently started using a Credit Counseling company to get rid of some of my husbands OLD collection accounts. A friend mentioned that she had done this with her husband and it now appears on her credit report that they had used a conseling program and now when her report is for a loan she has been questioned as to why they had to use the program.
Is this true or does this just happen to be in her scenario?

Most Helpful Response

Yes, that is true.  It will show as a comment on your report that the debt is being paid through a consolidation company, I've seen that many times.

Not necessarily

My spouse did it, it did not show up on my reports.