Question

Bwood2692

Will they switch my secured to an unsecured credit card with chapter 7 on my record?
Next month I am going to file and start my chapter 7 bankruptcy. Before I do that, I would like to get and keep a secured credit card. I want to do it before because, while I was researching secured cards I read that some of they will deny you if you have a bankruptcy on your credit report. Two of the cards that I found that I like (discover and capitol one) said after a year of good use they will review and possibly switch me to a regular unsecured card. Will they still do this even though I will have bankruptcy on my record by that time? Has anyone had any experience with this?

If you are intending to file a bankruptcy, don't even try for a credit card.  You have to be totally honest when filling out the papers and, if it is discovered that you didn't, you could be in big legal trouble.  Either forget the credit card or forget the bankruptcy (which is a big negative on your credit report for the next ten years) and work on getting your current bills paid in full.  Check Dave Ramsey's site on this.