Question

jlj124

Will the Credit Bureau delete Delinquent/Past Due Accounts?
I have already contacted all of the credit companies and paid all accounts in-full. Can I request a letter from the credit companies saying the account has been paid in-full to send to the credit bureau? If so, will this take those "delinquent accounts" off of my credit report and boost my score?

Most Helpful Response

The accounts will be changed from actively in collections to just negative not paid as agreed upon records. They wont all together go away until the SOL ends (likely 7 years). You might get a little lift from not having them listed as in collections and because the accounts are paid in full. The important thing moving forward is to make sure you make all payments on time and to carry only a small revolving balance on your credit cards. Less than 20% is what's recommended around these parts.

Good job taking care of all of this!

jlj124

Unfortunately for me, I followed the stupid college kid route and just got in over my head. As soon as I graduated, I grew up and now only have 2 cards both which are paid in full each month, however, the old accounts which have been paid off for over a year still show up on my credit score--guessing I'll just have to take it as a life lesson and move forward from here.

Just DON'T carry a balance on your credit cards unless absolutely necessary (such as an emergency)!!!  The 20% SD4480 alluded to is the usage wheich actually means you do not USE more than 20% of your credit card limit at any month.  Pay those cards in full every month so you'll have credit available for those emergency situations should they arrive.