Question

Posted in Banking

MommaBear95

Will the bank take my money???
I used to have a bank account through Wells Fargo that got closed for insufficient funds. I never got the chance to pay it back, haven't received any information on who to pay to because it was sent to collections, and now I had a check sent to me from a Wells Fargo bank account that I need to cash to go buy things for my baby. If I attempt to cash it at a local branch, will they take the money since the account is no longer in the system?
(Keep in mind I am not running, but I haven't been contacted about who to pay to and the money I am receiving is for baby. I don't mind making payments once I receive information.)

Wells Fargo cannot keep the money from the check that you are going to cash. You do not have to go to a bank where a check is from to cash it, you can open a bank account at another bank and cash it there, there may be a hold put on it though. If it were me, I would just go to the Wells Fargo bank, cash the check and say nothing about your previous delinquency with Wells Fargo.