Question

glandt1

Will the age of the account change if you switch CC with the same bank?
Any insight on age of CC be effected if I Change from one Citi CC to an offer of stepping up to the the 'Thankyou Preferred card that has lower interest and more rewards then the older card I've had for over 10 years. If I take the offer, will my age of account drop from 10 to new?

it will most likely be a NEW account

Apply for the better card and don't worry about closing the old account.  You don't want to do that anyway, as you would lose the "age" of the account.

If they don't charge an annual fee to have the account, then just leep the old one open, No real need to close it as it would lower your credit score.

When i have an older card that i don't particularly want to use any longer, I put a recurring charge on it, such as netflix or a utility bill, Something i will be paying monthly any way, then set it up to auto pay from my e-banking account.  This will show utilization with out incuring interest.  and then just tuck that card in a drawer and keep it handy for an emergency if you need it.