Question

superkt

Will settling a judgement be worth it in the long run?
I have a judgement that was filed March 2010. Capital One loves Rubin & Debski here and they took me to court over a $500 card. The amount of the judgement is a little over $1400 and I'm willing to offer them a lump sum.

I'm curious as to what this will do to my credit. I have seen that judgments fall off in 7 years, 10 years, 20 years, never... I don't know answers for this. I know it can be marked as "Satisfied" on my report.

Since this is a little over 6 years old, will it benefit me to pay it? I am ready to accept responsibility and pay but I would like a hint as to what this will even do for me.

Good question

Im in exactly the same boat except I had no idea there was a judgement till last year. I was blindsided because I never recieved a summons to appear in court. Hope someone has an answer. Good luck to you.

superkt

I did mediation with them in 2009. My only income then was child support and they said they'd contact me later when I had more money. A few months later... Judgment. From what I see, FL can keep it on the report for 20 years and it can be renewed. I think I answered my own question, really.
I'd look up your state's statute of limitations and decide.