Question

nli03

will retail credit cards help diversity in credit repots/scores?
Hi,
will retail credit cards like NFL extra points help to increase diversity in credit reports? I know that diversity makes up about 10% of a credit score. Is a retail credit card considered as a regular bank credit card that make up the revolving credit, OR does it help the diversity?
I have two regular bank credit cards and applied for the NFL credit card. Just got approved. I don't have any loan or montage. I want to know whether this will make any difference to diversity in my credit file.
Thanks:)
Best

Most Helpful Response

No, sorry. All revolving accounts (credit cards, store cards, etc.) fall into the same category. To achieve the diversity you want you need to have other credit types (mortgage, auto, student loan, personal loan, etc.).

However, I really wouldn't worry too much about this. It's a relatively small part of the scoring calculation. It's quite possible to have a credit score in the high 700s without that diversity.