Question

BetterWithTime

Will repaying a 10 year old judgement make it reappear on my credit report?
I want to repay on an old debt now that I'm doing better financially. It has already fallen off of my credit report. When I repay it, will the Satisfaction of Judgement make it reappear on my credit report?

I am also trying to avoid anyone renewing a judgement against me, since apparently in NY that is possible. Thanks.

If it is not on your credit report now, it has likely been considered uncollectable and written off as a "bad debt",.  A judgement was a legal action entered into in an attempt to collect the debt when previous attempts failed. There is also a "Statute of Limitations for Collections" in every state and very few states have an SOL greater than 6 years. With a judgement, it is the option of the creditor that filed the action to renew the case every ten years if they so choose.  Most don't.  If this debt is not on any of the three credit bureau reports for you, just let it go.  While it is very admirable that you want to get all past debts cleared up now that you are more financially stable, there is no sense in possibly opening up another can of worms.  Proceed on with your life and enjoy it.