Question

Manar244

Will Removing these account help or hurt my score?
So I'm only 26 and not really too familiar with credit stuff. I have 2 really old negative credit cards from when i was 19 on my credit report and I wanted to try to send in a letter to see if they can be removed, someone told me they did it and it worked.
My question is I have only 7 accounts total on my report and if i delete these two I will only have 5, on the credit karma scale it says 5 accounts is in the very poor column so I'm not if thats really true, If I'm able to get them removed will that lower my score since it will only show i have 5 accounts as apposed to raising it since there gone? If i leave them on there they won't come off for about 4 more years because they weren't reported till 2013.

I also have only 1 collection account what can i do to get that removed. Other than that my history is clean and i have excellent in all the brackets except these ones. I also only have a credit age of 4 years 11months but it should have changed to 5 years by now and hasn't I'm not sure if that affects it that much.

Please give serious thought to re-reading the articles on this site since the purpose of Credit Karma IS to teach about credit, how it works and how to improve your score.

The negatives of the old, negative credit cards will drop off 7 years from the date of last payment.  Since you were 19 at the time, they should be dropping off sometime this year

The collection account?  You need to find out what the statute of limitations for collections is in your state.  Do a search online.  If this debt is past the SOL, it is not collectable and will fall off your credit report within 7 years.  If the debt is still within the SOL, you may be able to negotiate a 'pay for delete' agreement.  This must be done in writing and you will find this topic covered in the articles here.