Question

rzsensei

Will removing or disputing closed/paid accounts on my report improve my credit score?
I have several old accounts that have been paid for a while now and in the process of getting them removed but wanted to know if that will improve my score or not. I noticed when the accounts showed as "paid" my score did go up but now I'm wondering if removing them will be a good or bad thing....I would imagine the less accounts I have the better but wanted another opinion. Tried speak to a TransUnion rep and he could barely speak any english so it wasn't very helpful...please help, thank you!

You can contact the creditor to see if they will remove the account. Once remove, your score will increase ALOT! If the account is nearing 7 years, contact the credit bureaus and say account is too old or ask for an early exclusion. TU and EX will be happy to remove them.