Question

rorymcd12

Will reactivating my first credit card lengthen my credit history?
My first credit card was recently closed by the bank due to account inactivity... that was the only card i had/used for a long time. It was recently closed after i started solely using a different card. After it was closed, my credit history was significantly shortened, and my credit score consequently dropped. Will reactivating this card lengthen my credit history to the original date it was opened, and thereby raise my credit score?

Most Helpful Response

Not possible!

I don't think you can reactivate your card after it is closed. The bank will normally tell you to apply for a new card, even it is the same card as what you used to have. Having said that, your credit history of your old card is lost forever.