Question

Prittycurrency

Will personal secured loan raise my credit score
Will a personal secured loan help raise my credit score? I already have credit cards 1 secured and that helped me get 2 unsecured cards.. on my credit report I do not have enough mixed accounts.. I don't want to get auto loan because I do t need it right now .. any other ideas or helpful tips

Personally I would not do it solely just for my credit scores benefits. Depends on your credit profiles, your score might get better with it, but not initially as you gained inquiry(s), new account/lowered credit age, more debt/high loan balance to its original amount and your score would most likely drop when it's paid and closed. The "sweet spot" to credit scores is short for installment loans. However, if you really interested in going that route? I would suggest you go over to MyFICO dot com forum and look into threads regard installment loans, there is one big thread about Alliance Credit Union's share secured loan, where you can pay it down to 10% right away and pay like 5~10 dollars per month's so you can stay in the "sweet spot" much longer.