Question

cna72019

Will paying off my debtors a little at a time even begin to help my credit score? If so, how much?

Most Helpful Response

Well nobody can really say how much

I will say that yes, paying off your debts will begin to raise your credit score. It's impossible to know how much since they are not given exact points, however obviously a small debt will raise it up a little while a huge debt raises it up more. For example, I just got a $120 debt removed from my credit report and it went up 16 points a few minutes ago. I had a hard inquiry from Capital One and it went up 10 points last week. I am currently having a false debt for $1,500 removed from my credit report and can say it will probably trump the figures from before. Dispute anything and see if it works, its worth a try. Otherwise take care of the ones that are bigger and not coming off as soon. Good luck...