Question

Amberabshire

Will paying off CC bring my score down monthly?
I sold my house, paid off my $200k mortgage and am not buying another home for a couple years. I have 35k in available credit and had (gulp) $15k charged. I have paid off all my cards and I know I will get an initial bump on my score, not wanting it to go down though. What I'm wondering is will it start going down if I don't use them? Will having a small car loan or a small amount of expenses put on and paid off every month help? How fast will the pay offs show on my reports? Any advice on helping my score keep going in the right direction?

Why not take the time to read the articles on this site so you can learn how credit works, then you can make smart decisions that will help build your score.