Question

kassandra1123

will paying off all of my credit card debt at once instantly improve my credit score?
I plan on moving into a better apartment in the next month. The paper work says they do a credit check. Last I knew I had immaculate credit. Like in my subject title, will paying all cards off when i get their bills, will my score instantly improve?

Most Helpful Response

If you pay your cards down substantially, you could get a rapid lift in your score. Paying them completely off can sometimes actually hurt you (the scoring systems don't like zero balances). If you already have immaculate credit, you probably don't need to worry about it. But just FYI, people with the very highest scores tend (among other things) to run an overall balance of about 7% on their credit cards from month to month.