Question

pacmankilla1991

Will paying off a debt before it goes into collections affect my credit?
I have 3 accounts that I know I owe on. 2 banks from when I lost my job and allowed the accounts to be closed due to overdraft and no payments. I also owe beach body from p90x. I oowe capital one around $65 ,regions $55, and beach body $87. I have a job now and would like to pay these before the collections show on my credit report and negatively affect my score. But I would like to know if just paying the debts and acknowledging them would negatively affect me? They are all around 2-3 years old. I am just starting to build good credit and get approoved for better credit cards and rates and don't want to take steps back over $200 bucks. Also,I pulled my credit report last year and they did not show on my report.

given the small balances

they may have just written them off. 

If you have not received a bill form them, and they don't appear on your credit report then most likely they aren't trying to collect.

You may want to pull a fresh credit report to be sure.