Question

kiske04

Will paying my bills with credit then paying that amount each month improve my credit?
I have heard paying your bills with credit then making the payment on the credit bill may improve credit scores.

Most Helpful Response

I do this with all three of my utility bills and it is working - my score went up quite a bit. My utilization was a little high, but I just got 2 new cards and my utilization dropped significantly so I was able to fix the problem. So I agree with keeping an eye on your utilization, and I recommend using this method to improve your score. Even with the higher utilization my score was still going up.

Sort of

Paying your bills using a CC *can* improve your credit.. but oftentimes there are extra fees for paying your bills that way..

That said. you really should worry about utilization (percentage of credit in use when card balance is reported to credit agencies).. 

I actually do what you say with some bills, I put them on the card, but also I make sure the same amount of money is in my checking account and when the CC comes due, I pay the bills off in full on the CC using what I put aside for the bill when I paid it with the CC