Question

aamr123

will opening a phone bill help or hurt my credit
Im thinking about opening a cell phone bill under my name. Just wondering if it will hurt my credit score if I open it. I know paying late will hurt it but just opening the account, could that hurt my credit?

If they do a "hard inquiry" on your credit which they most likely will do, it will cause slight damage to your credit, but besides that, nothing will happen (unless of course you dont pay your bill). A "hard inquiry" is really no big deal and only causes slight damage, so I really wouldn't worry about it, but keep in mind, many phone companies have some good "prepaid packages" without a credit check.