Question

auxy

Will one card rejection cause another?
Yesterday I mistakenly applied for a Credit One CC thinking the pre-approved letter they sent me in the mail meant I was going to receive a "$1,500 credit limit" (ended up being $400). I've done a little bit of research and it appears I can cancel this card with no major dings to my credit score. HOWEVER yesterday after reviewing some card offers on my profile, I had applied and was rejected for an American Express Everyday card which Credit Karma said I had a "fair" chance of getting. The hard inquiry has already showed up as a ding on my credit karma scores. I now want to apply for a Capital One no annual fee card which yesterday had a "good" chance for approval rating and today has a "fair" rating. My question after this long convoluted text is; Should I cut my losses and stick with the Credit One $100 annual fee card or do I still have a chance of getting the Capital One card and not having an annual fee? I'd much rather not have to pay an annual fee and I have not heard good things about Credit One. But two hard inquiries and two rejections seems like it would hurt my young and fragile credit

It's hard to say. I had 3 credit cards and in good standing, but american express denied me credit. I applied for a wells fargo card, discover card, barclays card, and a bank of america card and all gave me great lines of credit. I have 9 inquires on my credit report and still recieve offers all the time from citi bank. My credit score wasn't the greatest either (680) know it's 744. The inquires are removed after 2 years, and look out for credit cards with annual fees, they are not worth it. Good luck!