Question

robert7999

Will obtaining an 18mo. 0% card effect my credit score?
I have 3 cards with total of approx. $10,000 limit on them. Balance is about $5,000. I received an offer for a card with 18mo. 0% first year. Will obtaining this card effect my credit rating which is excellent?

Most Helpful Response

You credit score may take a slight dip at first, but as you build up history with the new card it should improve.  I assume you're thinking of transferring the balance from the other cards to this one?  I do that all the time to save on interest payments.  If that is the case, be sure to keep the old cards open by using them at least once a year, otherwise you'll hurt your credit by closing them.  Hope this helps!