Question

EmsLemonds

Will my score drop if I had one month of 28% utilization?
I recently brought a card to help work on my credit, so far its been going pretty well. I've been using about 9% utilization on my card and that helped my score go up by almost 20 points. I heard that was a good place to stay at. Last month I had an emergency and needed to spend a bit more than I would have liked to. So far, its at a 28% utilization. I would hate for it to be reported and for that to significantly drop my score. I'm really nervous about it actually. If I were to do this only this one time, how would that affect my credit score?

28% Your credit is RUINED!

That is a joke, you are getting way too worked up over nothing. While you may get a slight ding to your scores for this and I mean slight, it is NOT permanent. Scoring on credit card utilization will change each month along with your utilization rates. This is NO big deal at all. I suggest some further reading on credit and I also want you to remember that you should not stress out or revolve your life around credit scores!