Question

Pleet396

Will my Mortgage Loan Pre-Approval Loan change?
If I owe $2,300.on a Credit Card,and then I get Pre-Approved for a Mortgage Loan, but then I pay off this Credit Card Debt before I purchase the house with the Mortgage Loan.
Will my Mortgage Loan Pre-Approval Loan change, and if YES, in what ways will my Mortgage Loan change?

Well Pleet, you can be disqualfied from a mortgage for having a low credit score, or a high debt to ration income, aka your monthly payments reported on your credit card vs how much you make each month.  Paying off this card is going to help your debt to income ratio, but your lender would have already let you know if it was a problem.  Paying down this card, could potentially increase your score, which could get you a better interest rate.  The best way to approach this is talk to your lender and let them know you have money to spend on increasing your scores/paying down balances.  Mortgage Lenders generally pull from a 3rd party provider, and have access to tools to run simulators on your report to try and increase your score.  The simulators on Credit Karma are junk, but just reach out to your lender about getting a better rate, and see what tools they have access to.

I doubt it changes (at least negatively) , especailly on a revolving account, since the lender would normally count the credit limit as your potential liability.