Question

PatsAreWinning

Will my inactive fingerhut account be closed?
I've looked around and found a few topics on this but couldn't really find a clear answer. I opened a fingerhut card without planning to use it. I assumed it would work like a store credit card and never expire. So to anyone with some insight will my credit limit be decreased and/or closed due to inactivity with this website? Thanks in advance!

They do report. I have a account Fingerhut opened in 2014 on their own. It has never been used. But has been reporting good monthly since.

Use it

I have had an account with Fingerhut for some time. I keep it open mainly for increasing my credit score. Everything is overpriced and shipping is rediculous, who would ever want to buy anything from them. However, a dormant account can be closed, so every few months, I buy a video game from them for around $40 shipped, then pay it off in full to ensure no interest. I found this was the best way to use them as their credit line contributes to my overal available credit, and keeps my score high.

Fingerhut does not report anything unless you are late  or stop paying. 

If you want the account closed call them up and close it. 

on a side note,   Yes Store cards to expire and if you don't use them they will close on your.  depends on the store card.   It cost money to keep accounts open with 0 activity.

abcdefg20071234

I can assure you that Fingerhut DOES indeed report. Whether I carry a balance or not, they have reported every month.