Question

UUicked

Will my first ever credit card raise my score quickly?
I have not had any credit cards before but I have made mistakes with my student loans. Those mistakes have either all fallen off my credit or are about to fall off completely. I've decided to finally work on building my credit score up from the TU 580 that it's sitting at. I financed my first car 6 months ago and have made all payments on time. This week I applied and was accepted for a $300 unsecured credit card. I've applied for a Walmart card and am waiting for the results in the mail. I'm also going to get a secured Capital One card after I hear back from Walmart.

My question is this. With the AAoA being so low, will I simply have to wait years to establish proof of responsibility or will my soon to be clear credit history help me raise my score by 50 points within the year? My hope is to get a Capital One unsecured card once I'm in the 650 range and maybe even a Venture 1 card. I know that gardening my accounts will simply take time, I'm just curious if being new to credit card use will help me get a mediocre score enabling me to get away from secured cards and ones with yearly activation fees.

Thank you all sincerely for taking the time to read and or offer your help!

Credit Scores and Credit History Take Time.   There is no QUICK Fix, to Quick Jump to it. nothing quickly that is for sure.

It will Take Time.   Plan on it.    

Baby Steps. 

Adding too much to your Credit Report can do more harm at that time then good.  So be careful.

My profile has a Time Line of what I have done in the past.