Question

bakow17

Will my credit score rebound the 35 points it dropped once a reporting error is fixed?
I started making student loan payments to my university as soon as the forbearance period ended. I was paying above the required minimum payment every month. I continuously followed up with the office to make sure I was in good standing and was repeatedly informed that my account was current. One day, I logged in to credit karma to see that my score plummeted nearly 40 points because the same school reported that my student loan was actually 90 days late on the loan! This error was in part because I was only paying on interest and the system was indeed not recognizing me as current in status despite my representative continuing to tell me I am. The office has kindly agreed to remove the negative 90 day late reporting because of the incorrect information that was given to me and due to my good payment history over the last 20 months. They will remove the 90 day late error reported to all three bureaus. The error reporting was made in September of 2015. The correction is being made this week. I'm (eagerly) awaiting for the change to go into effect.

Will my credit score rebound/increase the same 35-40 points it dropped in September 2015 as a result of the 90 day late reporting?

Thank you

Since that happened such a long time ago, I do not think that you should expect an exact match for the number to go up as it went down. I am sure that quite a bit has changed with your credit profile over that period of time. I cannot tell you what to expect, it will depend on the state of your current credit profile. I strongly advise that you watch your FICO scores, don't put much worry into the ones that you get here. This is a great place to keep an eye on your credit reports, but the scores you get here should be of little concern.