Question

Jibaroa1

Will my credit score go up?
I need to know how long will it take for my credit score to go up since I've applied for the First Premier credit card last night. Please let me know. Thanks.

Initially, you may see a slight drop in your score because of the Hard Inquiry. Once you get the card and make your first payment, the card issuer should report to the bureaus a day or two after your due date. Assuming you pay it almost off (not down to 0%), you should see an immediate increase in # of accounts and Open Utilization. This should raise your score more than what it fell for the hard inquiry. All of this depends on your current state. Opening a new card will usually raise your score but could be offset by the drop in your average age of open credit.