Question

nandog

Will my credit score be impacted anymore because I settled a collection for 50% ?
I owed $1400 and agreed to $750. It will be three payments and take two months. The collection co. said they will notify the creditor after the $750 is paid in full. Will I get any surprise with my credit scores? Also the credit reports do not say it is a collection at this time and they say zero balance.

Most Helpful Response

Won't bring score down

I settled a debt for less than full balance about a month ago. Mine was in collections at the time. It did not impact my credit score negatively. However, I was told that I could not receive credit again from that particular company because I didn't pay the full debt.