Question

CreditAchiever

Will making payments on multiple credits increase my score quicker than just making payments on 1?
j

I'm a little unclear on your question, but I'll give it a shot.  If you have several lines of credit or credit cards with balances, work on getting your utilization down below 30% on each card.  Ideally, you should have your overall utilization below 30% as well if possible.  So, if you have 3 cards and only 1 is maxed out, then pay down the maxed out card and make your minimum payment on the others.  Hope this helps!

Clarificiation

Ill be glad to clearify. I typically use only my Discover card for my purchases throughout the month, then I pay the balance off in full at the end of the month. On the credit report it will show that I am making the payment on just one card. If I split my purchases between 3 different credit cards and I continue to pay the balance in full on all three credit cards the credit report will show me making on time payments on all 3 cards. Will making on time payments on 3 credit cards be better than just making on time payments on just the Discover?