Question

Jesse1991723

Will it still build credit and look good for the the company if you have very small balances?
I have okay credit in the low 600s. I am trying to rebuild which is why i got 4 credit cards now. I'm not working and i'm not getting stuck in the credit card trap. I want to know if its okay if i just put like say Netflix on my capital one platinum, credit cards. This will keep my utilization really low and show payment history. Will this behavior look good to credit card companies or will it look bad because they think i'm not using the card enough. I want to get credit line increases on my capital one cards after 5 months. The one has rewards so i'm going to be using that one the most for gas and stuff. The one card i was thinking about just outing a few coffees on every month. What are your thoughts on how this would look?

Most Helpful Response

Yes! That's the right approach! Keep your usage low; this will make the card companies' mouth water and extend premature line increases trying to get you to spend more money on the cards. The higher the balance; the more money they can make off you. Meanwhile, you are building a good credit history by the length of time you had your cards with low balances...