Question

Coach28

Will it hurt my wife's credit to add me to her credit card as an authorized user?
So, my credit is sitting right around 500. My wife has incredible credit. I have read that being added to someone's account as an authorized user can increase your score. Can just the act of adding me to her account as an authorized user have any negative impact to her score? If this is done I don't even want a copy of the card for myself as I wouldn't be spending any money. I would just be using the account to (hopefully) assist in raising my credit score. Any help or suggestions is very much appreciated!!

No. The only risk a cardholder faces by adding an AU is if the AU racks up debt on the card, as the cardholder is liable. Your score, social, etc will not affect her credit score by adding you. Being on her card will help increase yours though (although some scoring models consider AUs a "cheat" and won't use them in your scoring.)