Question

Hope14

Will it hurt my credit score to add my spouse to my credit card if he has no credit
I just want to make sure this will not hurt my credit by doing so. Also, will adding him give him a "hard inquiry"? We are looking to assume a mortgage soon so I don't want to damage his score further (he had 2 recent inquiries) but I know he needs better credit if he's going to be on the mortgage so we are in a catch 22!

Nope it won't hurt you and it is a great way for him to get instant good credit.  If you add him as an authorized user, no credit check is done, so no inquiry.  Go for it and best of luck on the new home!

Best thing you can do for him :)