Question

Gto43

Will inquires for a mortgage (two or three) influence my credit score?

Most Helpful Response

Yes

Any inquiry will negativatly effect your score.  

ALTHOUGH when dealing with major purchases, if you are looking for who offers you the best rate, they must consider all inquires within a short window as one inquiry.  This window is one week to one month, so you want to pick a few lenders, and apply to all within this time window.  I have heard that they do not remove the inquiries, but I know that they did remove one from my file here in CK.  I applied to two places and within about 6 months the inquiry from a lender I did not use is no longer showing.  In either case they made the laws regarding this so that a consumer can shop, without penalty for the best rates/terms on car and home purchases.