Question

davidwlam

Will increasing my credit score by over 150 points help?
I was able to increase my credit score over the time of a few months by using a service called RentReporters. Overall my score went from 642 to 800!

My home will have a 500k mortgage.

Without further ado here is how RentReporters works and how it helped me:

RentReporters will report your rental history to the credit bureaus which in turn increases your credit score. I have been renting the past 5 years and they verified with my landlord that I made on time payments for the last 5 years. They then were able to add it to my credit report as an entry. I did not have to put much effort at all! Hopefully this will decrease my mortgage rate and save me lots of money.