Question

papuli

Will I receive pre qualified card offers later if I do not apply for current one now?
I received chase pre qualified card offers for Slate and freedom. I have to respond by April 7 but my current credit cards do not send my balance information to credit bureaus until after April 8. I just paid all my balances but I am afraid they will not show up on my credit report until my banks report to bureaus. So I am afraid my bad credit score will show up and I will denied for slate and freedom if I respond on the offer now. So I am curious are they going to send me pre qualified offers after this too so that I can apply later when my credit score is fixed?

Most Helpful Response

Potential lenders purchase some of your credit history from the credit bureaus, to see if you MAY qualify for their card.  The better your credit score, the more offers you get.  None are a guaranty that you'll get the card, you still have to apply and then they'll pull your full credit report.  They may approve you, but at a higher interest rate than the one they originally  offered.  It's just a way of advertising.  As your credit improves, you'll get more offers, so don't worry.  Also, you don't have to wait for an offer, when you feel you're ready to apply for a card, visit either www.creditcards.org or www.bankrate.com and compare all the cards.  Get the one that is best for your situation and apply.  Best of luck!