Question

N0m4d

Will I have a hard time finding a decent rate on my auto loan with a 675-700 credit score?
At the moment, all 3 of my credit scores are at 675. I have a secured credit card from Bank of America with a $4000 limit. I keep the utilization at around 15%, but it will be under 10% for last month and all months to follow. This card will be a year old in April.

I intend to finance in May. I will likely have about $6,000 to $8,000 to put down and want to finance around $25,000 on a used Lexus. I make around $70,000 per year with overtime ($50,000 without)

I have a charge off on my credit from 2010. It was from an auto loan. The only other negative is a cell phone bill which has been recently paid and is reflected on my credit report. I'm expecting my scores to be close to 700 by May.

Just an update since nobody bothered to give any assistance;

I was declined for a pre-approved loan from Bank of America and Wells Fargo (not enough credit history and the chargeoff hurt me). However, I was approved from Carmax Finance for any vehicle they had for sale with a APR of 6.9% for 72 months (5.9% for 60 months). I purchased a Lexus RX350 with 44k miles. It has Navigation, HID lights, Backup camera, 12 speaker audio, seat memory, rain sensing wipers... nearly all of the options (missing AWD and HUD). I had it transferred from a different store to my local store for free. It looks and rides like new.

I also purchased an extended warranty. After my down payment of $5k I financed about $26k. My payment is $450 per month and I intend to pay off the loan within 2-3 years. There's no penalty for early payoff.

Roadloans pre-approved me at a APR of 18% and a max vehicle value of $22k... I'm glad that I tried Carmax... Otherwise I wouldn't be driving a Lexus equal to what I now have.

I was also pre-approved through Lending Tree at a local Nissan dealership. But they said I was only pre-approved for $20k and I didn't bother finding out what the APR was because I was already turned on to Carmax before they contacted me. Then they were constantly calling me and emailing me until I told them I already made my purchase... It was like sharks with blood in the water. I had the General Manager, Internet Manager, and 2 other salespeople contacting me daily... To which I rarely responded. I dislike feeling pressured.

I've read a lot of bad things about Carmax, but my experience was completely positive and they did not pressure me at all. It was also the shortest time I have ever spent at a dealership buying a car. Counting my test drive and them cleaning up the car for me, I was in and out in 90 minutes. I even had my plates on my Lexus with 2 years until the registration expired, no temporary sticker. I also asked them to remove the Carmax advertising from the vehicle. ;)

I forgot to mention, the charge off is unpaid and will remain unpaid since it will fall off of my credit in about 2 more years. Also, I've been at my current job for 4 months. It will be over 6 months in May.