Question

dannytutor

will I be approved?
CK says my odds of getting a credit card are "very good." However, cc companies have to examine my credit, and it is not a soft search. From my experience, credit checks that do not result in an approval, will be detrimental to my credit.
Can anyone give me insight as to my odds for getting approved. It's the Amex card that has no annual fee and a 10,000 pt sign-up bonus. My CK score is 750.

Most Helpful Response

You've probably figured out by now that since CK uses Vantage and most creditors use FICO, the number itself isn't super helpful. I track my credit through Experian and get a real FICO score, updated daily if I want that. 
Just to give you an idea, my CK scores right now are 742 and 727. My FICO is 666. So I would guess your FICO is actually in the neighborhood of around 670. When my FICO hit 680 a few months ago, that's when I started getting mail from Amex. It was at 697 when I was approved for the Blue Cash Everyday. Right now, since my score dropped to 666 (new mortgage plus a mini-app-o-rama, which I would NOT do again), the Amex "check for prequalified offers" feature says there are no offers for me at this time.

American Express has a "Check for Prequalified Offers" feature on their home page. I'd send the link, but CK doesn't seem to like that--every time I try it says they're moderating their comments to eliminate spam.
If you input your information and they come back with "We couldn't find any pre-qualified offers for you at this time," believe it and don't apply. 

Inquiry is inquiry, it impacts to your score the same whether you were approved or not. I certainly wouldn't classify one inquiry or even few inquiries as "detrimental" to one's credit

-

Your post is way too vague to offer you any sort of guess. All I can say is do NOT relying on CK's approval odds, read some of the credit card reviews, you will see plenty of people were declined despite of their odds being "good" or "very good".

The impact of inquiries is pretty minimal, and as JohnnyRain noted, it doesn't matter a whit whether it is approved or not.  

To put it in perspective, I have to TU inquiries, one from May of 2015, and the other from April of 2016.  The net impact on the credit score is about 8 points between the two on the Vantage 3.0 model.  I know this because my inquiries on TU keep disappearing and reappearing every couple of days and my score bounces between an 809 and an 801.