Question

siswoman5

will i be able to get an american express card after 9 years of bankruptcy

Most Helpful Response

amex

If you ever went bankrupt on american express iwas told you can never get their card again.

alexlitke

Not necassarily true, i was approved for an amex corporate card !~3 years after a bk7 on a personal amex.  Yes it is a corporate card, but my credit was pulled by amex before they approved and I paid off the bk amount before the application was turned in.  YMMV...

Amex

I was approved for a Amex green card. I have fair credit below 700. My advice wait until they send you an invite through the mail you will most definately be approved. I have done some research and from what i have been told Amex uses Experian first,Equifax second, and rarely use Transunion. Once i was approve i compared my scores and Experian was 31 points higher than Transunion. try this site creditsesame.com its free and they use Experian. I think its good to no where you sit with the different agencies.

Since bankruptcy remains on your credit report for 10 years, it's not likely.  I've been turned down for an AMEX card and have a "good" credit score.  AMEX is really choosy about who gets a card.

siswoman5

I've read in other forum that some people were approved with an amex card after 8 years of bankruptcy. Jwsister, have you ever had an amex?

siswoman5

I have an eight year bankruptcy and were approved on May 3, 2014 for an amex blue credit card.

First time

Never had an amex and 2015 I had a BK. This year the company I work for got me an amex through the comapny. Will this make it easier to get one now?

AMEX Policy

I had a chapter 7 three years ago.  My credit score is already up to 750-760 range.  I had been an AMEX customer for 15+ years prior to the bankruptcy.  They told me even though my 30 years or prior credit history was excellent (minus the bankruptcy) and the history since then in spotless, and I have a $300,000k annual income, that as long as the bankruptcy showed on my credit report, I could not get an AMEX card.   Go figure- their loss....

I got shot down 10 years after

I BK'd and "yes", they were a creditor. They didn't even bother to do a credit report when I applied (I'm fully reestablished with low ratios, stable job history and a perfect payment history including mortgage).

my experience

I was approved for a Delta Skymiles business and personal card 15 days shy of 7 years on my bk. I did not burn Amex though. My score was 714 EX

Amex

Now, think about this very hard, WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO??