Question

greytorrent

Will having an unpaid bill in collections affect yout score once or continually?
I had a hospital send one of my bills to collections and I didn't realize it. It negatively affected my credit score. My question is, will that collection only affect my score once? Or will it continue to bring my score down monthly if it is continually unpaid?

It will be a derogatory on your credit report until it is paid or 7 years have passed.

Once reported, that is usually the only hit on your credit report, although, that negative will remain there for about 7 years.