Question

djr222

Will getting a pre-approved credit card change my score? I have 4 open accounts.
My score is 771 but I got D for only having 4 card accounts.

Most Helpful Response

yes it will drop it 3-5 points from the inquiry because they still have to run your credit but in 6 months most people bounce back with higher scores

djr222

Thank you.

In your opinion is it worth it to get a bump in the long run?

So I do I stop getting these pre approved cards everyday about 5per day in emails also by mail what shoul I do I don't want my credit to drop worked to hard to get it up to where it is