Question

kilzu

Will getting a personal loan to payoff all my credit cards raise my credit score?
I owe about 13,000 total in credit card. Only 2 of which are zero percent. Should I take out a personal loan and payoff all my credit cards?

Try for 0% interest for 12 months at least, balance transfer card(s) instead.  Why?  If you were to take out a loan, you would be paying interest on that amount from the outset.  With the 0% balance transfer, you will have 12 months or more to work on getting the cards paid in full withoiut paying interest.  My first balance transfer raised my credit score significantly.  Also, do not close the cards when they are paid off since that will hurt your score.  The articles on this site explain these issues quite well.