Question

LibertyGuy1987

Will declaring bankruptcy affect my plans for law school?
It's Spring 2016. I will be applying for law school in the fall. I plan on entering during the fall of 2017.Will filing bankruptcy hurt my chances to be accepted to law school? Will it prevent me from being able to get student loans?

Maybe

And this is something you should check out well before filing bankruptcy.  Be advised that bankruptcy will trash your credit for TEN years.  It is NOT a "fix".  Instead of filing bankruptcy, look for Dave Ramsey's site and learn how you might be able to pay the debts in full.  Gather all relevant information before proceeding with something as drastic as bankruptcy.