Question

Puzzled73

Will CS continue to rise?
Hey everyone...In April 2014 my score was 480 (thanks to divorce). Since then I have buckled down and paid off all past due debts and got them removed from bureaus. I have since opened up a few different types of accounts to help boost my score. All are current and paid in full. The one negative on my reports is my vehicle loan, which I hit a rough spot a couple years back. I have been current and on time since. Having no negatives other than the vehicle, and all lines less than 10% utilization, will that vehicle loan keep my score from jumping like it has been? When I started this journey I was at 480 and I just hit 660 +/- across the board. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

The missed/late payments from the vehicle loan will hold down your scores, but the weight of them will be reduced over time. Older negatives are not as bad as recent ones. If you have been making your payments on the auto loan on time for the past couple of years, consider writing the lender a goodwill letter asking for removal of the missed/late payments. You can do some googling to learn how to write a good "goodwill letter". Besides that, make sure that you have several lines of credit that are current and in good standing and just wait.