Question

Slammer362

Will credit line be reduced if card not used enough?
It is often recommended that you spend a little every month or so on an older card that you don't want to use, but also don't want the creditor to close for lack of use. But, will that result in your credit line being lowered? For instance, I have a card with a CL of $7,500 with no annual fee. I get better rewards from other cards, so I don't intend to use this card, but I want to keep it open to help with credit utilization. I doubt it will be closed if I use it every other month or so for a small charge, but will that practice result in the credit card company lowering my credit line?

The question is best answered by reading the reviews on the specific credit card.   To see what happened with others who had the same card.   Oftentimes, you will see the opposite occur where they offer you a credit line increase as an enducement to use the card.  In inactive card can result in them closing the card, how they measure inactiveness is based on each card and their own policies.   I would presume using it as little as you indicated should be sufficient to keep it open.