Question

sisterluje

Will collection items on my report stop me from renting an apartment
I will need to rent an apartment in the next few months and am afraid that collection items on my credit report will stop me from doing so. If I offer to pay a year's rent up front, will that allow me to rent?

Most Helpful Response

Most landlords (those who let you rent their apartment) always pull your credit to check for crime and payment history. If you have delinquency in your report, depends on how serious it is and depends on a particular landlord, you will not allowed to rent there or allowed but with a deposit (how much a deposit also depends). In your case, I think a deposit would do the job.