Question

DashnMe

Will closing a Secured Credit Card account hurt my score?
I have $1000 tied up in a secured credit card that I got when I couldn't qualify for an unsecured card. Now I have unsecured cards and would like to close this account and get my $1000 back. I am concerned that closing the account will hurt my score. ???

Yes your score will drop. Active acounts will be one less, and your average age of open credit will drop.  These are negatives that will not be as much a factor in the future as they are short term,, and it seems that for the long run it would be wise to close that card.