Question

isaha4031

will cancelling a card(s) effect my score
I want looking to get a capital one quicksilver card but I would like to cancel at least two other cards but I don't want to effect my credit score.

Most Helpful Response

Why cancel the cards?? The more available credit you have, the higher your credit score can be.  If you close the two cards, you eliminate the total of their credit limits from your available credit and your score will drop.  I seriously suggest you read the articles on this site so you can get a good understanding of how credit works.  That is the primary purpose of Credit Karma...getting people to understand credit so they can use it to their best benefit.