Question

Matt726

Will becoming an authorized user help in my situation?
I am 21, responsible, and have an extremely well paying job. However, I have never had a credit card or loans, so I do not have credit. I am becoming an authorized user on my fiance's credit card (she's had it for 2 years, paid it off fully every month, and her credit is 730). Were applying for an apartment that is requiring credit scores over 580, and hoping for scores over 620. Thank you!

The short answer is yes - as an authorized user, you'll get the credit reporting benefits. When I began rebuilding after bankruptcy, I got one card and added my wife as an authorized user - her score bumped up right along with mine.

The caveat is that if your fianceé defaults, stops paying, skips town, whatever... you will be stuck with the bill.